Usage: Alexandre, of basque origin, is a very popular first name. It is more often used as a boy (male) name.
People having the name Alexandre are in general originating from Armenia, Belgium, Canada, France, Luxembourg, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America.
Variants: For another variant of the name Alexandre across the world, see Alexander.
Meaning: Protector of men
Please feel free to read what others say about this name and to share your comments if you have more information.
N.B. Sometimes it happens that another name has the same meaning. There is nothing surprising in this: both names have the same origin or the same numbers of numerology.
The Growth number corresponding to this first name is 3.
Qualities: Creative, Light-Hearted
Ruling planet: Jupiter
Colors: Purple, Lilac, Mauve
The name Alexandre is ranked on the 727th position of the most used names. It means that this name is very frequently used.
We estimate that there are at least 794500 persons in the world having this name which is around 0.011% of the population. The name Alexandre has nine characters. It means that it is relatively long-length, compared to the other names in our database.
The graph below represents the number of people who were given the name Alexandre for each year since 1900 in the U.S.A.:
The name day of Alexandre is 22 April.
History and Origin
Alexandre is the French, Portuguese, and Galician form of the masculine given name Alexander. Notable people with the name include:
- Alexandre Baptista, Portuguese footballer
- Alexandre de Beauharnais, French political figure and general during the French Revolution
- Alexandre Brasseur, French actor
- Alexandre Dupuis (born 1990), Canadian football player
- Alexandre Dumas, French writer
- Alexandre Gaydamak, French businessman, co-owner & Chairman of Portsmouth F.C.
- Alexandre Herculano, Portuguese novelist and historian
- Alexandre Lippmann, French 2x Olympic champion épée fencer
- Alexandre Sarnes Negrão, Brazilian race car driver
- Alexandre José Oliveira, Spanish-Brazilian football player
- Alexandre O'Neill, Portuguese poet
- Alexandre Pétion, Haitian President
- Alexandre Pato, Brazilian footballer
- Alexandre Quintanilha, Portuguese scientist
- Alexandre de Serpa Pinto, Portuguese explorer
- Alexandre Alves da Silva, Brazilian football player
- Alexandre Sperafico, Brazilian driver
- Alexandre Trudeau, Canadian filmmaker and journalist
- Alexandre Yokochi, Portuguese swimmer
The section "History and Origin" of this page contains content from the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Alexandre (given name)"; that content is used under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the GFDL.
We always try to deliver a high-quality service to our customers. If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment below. Thank you!